List of P-ROC Open Source projects
The best way to learn how to write custom pinball machine code is to look at existing projects. Here's a list of existing projects with source code that you can take a look at. Many of these are not complete, but it's a starting point for understanding how to write code for the P-ROC system.
- There's a game called "Starter" which comes in the P-ROC software download package. It's not complete, but a nice starting point.
- Judge Dredd, by Gerry Stellenberg
- Cactus Canyon, by forum user Epthegeek
- The Addams Family, by forum user Compy
- Indiana Jones, The Pinball Adventure, by Jim from http://mypinballs.co.uk
- Whirlwind, by Jim from http://mypinballs.co.uk
- Creature from the Black Lagoon, by Adam Preble
- F-14 Tomcat Second Sortie, by forum user Snux
- Earthshaker Aftershock, by Scott Danesi
- The X Files, by forum user Koen
- The Mission Pinball Framework, a work-in-progress by forum users Brian Madden and Gabe Knuth (This is not a single game, but rather a game framework alternative to pyprocgame that also works with the P-ROC)
There's a discussion in the forum about which of these games you should look at first in order to understand them. The general consensus is you should start with Creature from the Black Lagoon, then dig into The Addams Family. Eric's Cactus Canyon is complete with a lot of modes and very complex (including support for color DMDs), so it's not something a newbie should jump into right away.